Top Air Conditioning Tips to Stay Comfortable This Summer
Here is a list of the top air conditioning tips for this hot weather to help your air conditioner keep you comfortable, compiled by the AC experts at Groggs:
- Keep window blinds closed as much as possible.
- Keep windows closed. Opening windows in the evening just allows the humidity in the home to build back up.
- Turn off the lights when leaving the room.
- Check your home’s insulation, especially the attic insulation.
- Change your filter.
- Get the a/c system serviced and cleaned.
- Get a programmable thermostat (avoid wide temperature swings, however).
- Wear light clothing around the house.
- Reduce the temperature of your baths and showers.
- Make sure your attic has adequate ventilation.